Did you know that?
• Istanbul is the only city in the world located on two continents,Europe and
• The oldest known human settlement in the world is located in Catalhoyuk,
Konya, Turkey, dating back to 6500 BC.
• Two of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World stood in Turkey. The Temple of
Artemis in Ephesus and the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus in Bodrum.
• Turkey introduced coffee to Europe.
• The first coins were minted in Sardis, the capital of the Ancient Kingdom of
Lydia, at the end of seventh century BC.
• Saint John, Paul, and Peter all lived and preached in Turkey.
• The most valuable silk carpet in the world is in the Mevlana Museum in
• Legend has it that St.John Brought Virgin Mary to Ephesus after the
Crucifixion,where she spent her last days in a small stone house on Mt. Koressos
(Bulbul Dagi) near Ephesus Turkey.
• A cave known today as the Grotto of St.Peter or Church of St.Peter is believed
to be where the apostle Peter preached when he visited Antioch (Antakya).