Haci Bayram Mosque: This mosque, in Ulus, next to the Temple of
Augustus, was built in the early 15th century in Seljuk Style and was
subsequently restored by Sinan in the 16th century, with Kutahya tiles
being added in the 18th century. The mosque was built in honor of Haci
Bayram Veli, whose tomb is next to the mosque.
Aslanhane Mosque: This Seljuk mosque, near the citadel, was built in
the 13th century. The mosque has a mihrap (prayer niche showing the
direction to Mecca) of Seljuk tiles, and an unusual double colonnade of
wooden columns. Next to the mosque is the tomb of Ahi Serafeddin.
Ahi Elvan Mosque: Found in the Ulus quarter near the Citadel, this
mosque was built and finished during the late 14th and early 15th
centuries. The finely carved walnut mimber (pulpit) is of particular
Alaaddin Mosque: This mosque is inside the Citadel walls. It has a
carved walnut mimber, the inscription on which shows that the mosque was
built in the 12th century by the Seljuk ruler, Mesut.
Yeni (Cenab Ahmet) Mosque: This is the largest Ottoman mosque in
Ankara and was built by the famous architect Sinan in the 16th century.
The mimber (pulpit) and mihrap (prayer niche) are of white marble, and
the mosque itself is of Ankara stone (red porphyry), an example of very
fine workmanship. Yeni Cami is on Ulucanlar Avenue.
Kocatepe Mosque: This is a recently constructed mosque of great size
in classical Ottoman design with four minarets. Built between 1967 and
1987 in the Kocatepe quarter, its size and prominent situation have made
it a landmark.
Seyit Battal Gazi Mosque: On the hillside above Seyyit Battal
stands the imposing 13th-century mosque and tomb complex built in
memory of the "warrior of Islam," Seyyit Battal.
Seyit Battal Gazi Mosque, Eskisehir
Beneath the citadel which guards the city stands
the restored Ulu Mosque of 1269. The Ulu Mosque dates from the
Cacabey Mosque: Among Kirsehir's many fine Seljuk buildings is the
Cacabey Mosque of 1272 (a former astrological observatory)
Cacabey Mosque, Kirsehir
Halic Kilic Mosque: Located north of the Cifte Medrese, dates from